The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship offers African college students and recent graduates a chance to tackle pressing challenges and bring their creative concepts to life.
This fellowship empowers African students and recent graduates with essential training, valuable resources, financial assistance, and a network of mentors to nurture their entrepreneurial talents and kickstart their own business endeavors. Over the course of eight months, the program hones the exceptional entrepreneurial capabilities and mindset of these individuals, equipping them to lead initiatives that generate both social and financial benefits.
● Applications are open to enrolled students and recent graduates hailing from diverse academic backgrounds and post-secondary institutions across Africa. Whether you’re already engaged in a business venture or aspiring to launch a new one, their support is available to you.
● They are in search of individuals who are committed to nurturing an entrepreneurial mindset and leveraging available tools to kickstart their own enterprises. Since the program is available online, participants have the flexibility to complete it at their own pace, but it is encouraged that dedicated students invest a minimum of 10 hours per week.
● Participants must ensure the timely submission of their assignments online to progress through the various program stages.
● All program materials are presented in English, although mentorship in both English and French may be accessible. It is required that pitch documents and assignments be written in English. Applicants with limited English proficiency are still encouraged to apply and collaborate with team members who can fulfill all program requirements in English.
● Prospective fellows may also explore partnerships with their local institutions to devise strategies for accessing university resources that can assist in overcoming language barriers.