The most common type of residence permit for work in Finland is the “Residence permit for an employed person”. Finland has become a popular EU Country among non-EU nationals because Finland Immigration Service has recently approved 47 companies that can sponsor foreign applicants. And they are called Certified Employers. In this post, I am going to tell you about the Finland Residence Permit Process 2023 for Employment.
A residence permit for an employed person is granted for the professional field to which your job belongs. You must have a Job offer letter from the Finnish Certified employer. If your employer is certified you will get your Finland D Visa in just 10 days. The Finland D Visa is the new fast Work Visa category launched by the Finland Government in June 2023. More details about the Finland Residence permit for an employed person are given below.
Details About Finland Residence Permit Process 2023 (Employment Permit)
- Country: Finland
- Permit Name: Residence permit for an employed person
- Who can Apply: Non-EU Nationals
Which Countries are Eligible for the Finland Residence permit for an employed person?
Applicants from non-European countries need to apply for a Finland residence permit to work in Finland legally.
Citizens of EU Countries do not need a residence permit to work in Finland.
What is a Finland Residence permit for an Employed person?
The Finland residence permit for an employed person is a type of work permit to work for a finland employer.
You are coming to Finland to work for a Finnish employer or other employer operating in Finland and you have signed an employment contract or accepted a binding job offer.
Occupations that are Eligible for Finland Residence permit for an Employed person
Does any of these job titles describe your work in Finland?
- farm worker
- construction worker
- insulation worker
- lorry driver, truck driver
- care assistant
- domestic worker
You can use this Guide for Employement permits, and select the options according to your situation.
If you are looking for seasonal Work in Finland, you can apply for the Finland Seasonal Work Permit Process 2023
How many Residence Permits are Issued by Finland?
The data has been taken from the official Finland Immigration website. You can check the Statistics Page.
- In 2022: 47,447 Residence Permits have been issued.
- In 2023: 36,559 Residence permits up till now.
- In the last six months, 29,213 permits have been issued.
Most work permits are granted to the age between 18-34 years.
Processing Time for Finland Residence Permit 2023
It will take 2 Months to process your application for the Finland Residence Permit 2023.
Finland Residence Permit Cost for an Employement
- If you are applying online: 490 €
- If you are applying on paper: 740 €
Initially, your Visa will be valid for 2 years. You can apply for Permanent residency in Finland after living in Finland for four years.
Requirements for Finland Residence Permit for Employment 2023
- You have Found a Job and you have a Job offer from a Finnish employer.
- You have sufficient qualifications and education for the job in question.
- You must have been offered a minimum salary of at least EUR 1,331 per month in 2023.
- A valid passport
- Passport Photo
- Color copies of the passport page containing personal data and of all passport pages that contain notes
- Document showing that you are legally staying in the country where you submit the application.
How to Apply for the Finland Residence permit for an employed person?
Here is the step-by-step Finland Residence Permit Process 2023. You can follow these steps if you have a Job offer from Finland.
- Fill out the online application form for a Finland residence permit for employment. You can fill in the application online at Enter Finland
- Pay the application fee.
- After you have submitted your application to Enter Finland, your employer must add your terms of employment and other required documents to your application using Enter Finland for Employers
- Visit the Finnish embassy. Book an appointment at a Finnish missionLink to an external website (embassy or consulate).
- Wait for the decision.
- Wait for the residence permit.
Finland Certified Employers in 2023
A certified employer in Finland is an employer that has been approved by the Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) to employ foreign workers.
Currently, there are 47 Certified employers in Finland in 2023:
- The List of certified employers is available at: https://migri.fi/en/certified-employers
- Visit the above link, check the names of the employers, copy the company name, and visit their website.
- You may see Jobs on their website, and apply.
Finland Job Websites
You can also look for Jobs on these Websites.
- Work in Finland: https://www.workinfinland.com/en/open-jobs
- Jobs in Finland: https://jobsinfinland.fi/
- Jobs Finland: https://jobsfinland.fi/
- Euro Jobs: https://eurojobs.com/
- Europa: https://europa.eu/europass/en/find-jobs
- Relocateme: https://relocate.me/country/finland
- EURES: https://ec.europa.eu/eures/portal/jv-se/home?lang=en
- (Select Country: Finland)